Monday, December 10, 2012

Final Blog


In the beginning of this semester my plan for after graduation involved flight instructing, regional airlines, and then the majors. My long term goal (working for one of the majors) has not changed however; the route I have decided to take has changed slightly. I would still be more than happy working for the regionals however my mind has opened to all the other opportunities out there. I have decided that I want to have some variety in what I do with my career.

The most interesting blog topic that we have done would definitely be the one on the Regional airlines. This blog post reminded me that the pay might not be the best but that this is job can be rewarding in other ways, and most likely this is most peoples first job that allows them the fly a jet engine powered aircraft. The blog post that I found least interesting was the one we did on GA in China. This post made me aware that there are a lot of job opportunities in China nevertheless moving to China is not something that I would be willing to do.

I really enjoyed all of the guest speakers that we had this year and wish that more had these guest speakers. I feel the information I gained from them is extremely helpful, and I feel that some of them should speak in some of the freshman classes in order to give them a better idea of what their future will hold and how to get there. The speakers I enjoyed the most were the two women from the Detroit TRACON. It is really interesting to get see the people that we hear and talk to all the time.

After graduation when I get a job flight instructing I plan to take it one day at a time for a while and just enjoy getting paid to fly. Of course I am still going to be pursuing more ratings such as CFII and MEI that is if I don’t have them already. I am also interested in getting my tail wheel endorsement and my seaplane rating after graduation.

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck - if the majors continue to be your goal, please keep in touch. I have previous students who are now in touch with my husband for a Delta recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two women from TRACON were hilarious. Good luck with your career and happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be a lot of fun to get a tail-wheel and seaplane endorsement! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said you want variety in your career what kind of variety are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, taking aviation one step at a time is probably the best option.

    ReplyDelete