Sunday, September 9, 2012

Intro


What do you want be when you grow up? When I was asked this question as a child it would always vary between a baseball player, a hockey player, policeman and plenty of other typical little kid answers. As I got older (high school) I obviously realized that the dream of being professional athlete was WAY out of the picture, I started putting thought into what obtainable career I wanted to pursue. I just asked myself what is something that you would wake up every morning and enjoy going to go do. After putting a little thought into it I thought what office in the world has better view than one of a pilot. With me only ever being on one commercial flight in my whole life I was not ready to commit completely to this until I absolutely knew for certain this is what I wanted to do.

When it came down to choosing where to go for my flight training I had already decided that I wanted to get a degree as well. It was an easy choice when finding out Eastern had a flight program mostly because of how close it was to my house.  I started at Eastern in the Fall of 2009 but unfortunately was not able to start flying until about half way through the Winter Semester (2010). It only took one flight for me to decide that this was for sure what I wanted to do.

After I finish school I would like to do the traditional route of CFI, Regional Airlines, and then one of main legacy carriers. Although this is what I would like to do I am pretty open to a lot of other routes as well including freight.  In the end the biggest thing to me is being able to Fly for one of the main airlines any job in between now and then as long as I am flying is fine with me.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you will become a pilot for a pro sports team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you have a final goal with some flexibility in how you will achieve it. I know several major airline pilots and all of their routes to that job were very different, yet they all seem equally satisfied with their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the majors will be hiring like crazy for the next 10 years. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete